Gershman Law Firm is located in Lake Success representing clients in the New York metropolitan area for decades in legal matters in personal injury law including accidents/personal injury, catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, traffic violations, workers compensation, wrongful/death, and construction accidents.
The firm’s primary focus is helping people whose lives have been impacted by the negligent and careless acts of others. Attorney Richard Gershman along with his associates know that a serious injury can change a person’s life forever. They are there to help and fight on behalf of the rights of real people, helping them get the compensation they deserve. The foundation of the firm is built on a strong foundation of experience in personal injury law, a record of success, and a reputation for treating clients with respect and dignity. At the Gershman Law Firm, they strive to achieve the best outcomes for their clients
Richard S. Gershman, the firm’s founder, has been practicing law for more than five decades. He is licensed to practice in the State of New York. Mr. Gershman focuses primarily on complex personal injury and litigation matters. Over the past 50 years, Richard Gershman has won recoveries amounting to millions of dollars for injured plaintiffs and their families. As most colleagues and clients already know, Richard Gershman is a tireless advocate for those injured through the negligence of others. He has earned a sterling reputation for outstanding legal representation.
Professionally, Richard S. Gershman specializes in Personal Injury beginning his career with the Law Firm Queller & Fisher. He then went on to form his own firm Bernstein & Gershman which handled real estate transactions along with oil & gas transactions.
- Richard S. Gershman, born in Far Rockaway, New York 1946, received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Suffolk University Law School and earned his BS in business from Oklahoma City University.
- Richard S. Gershman has formerly been a board member of Franklin General Hospital. He was an indispensable asset when it comes to healthcare cases that require effective and immediate remedies.
- He is the former president of the Woodmere Country Club. He has served as a board member of Fresh Meadow Country Club.
- He is currently an associate trustee of Northwell Health and was named the outstanding Associate Trustee of the hospital in 2019.
- Over the past 35 years, Mr. Gershman has headed up Golf tournaments for numerous charities including Northwell Health for Cohen’s Children’s Hospital, raising in excess of twenty-five million dollars.
The Top Attorneys of North America, a New York based publication, distinguishes and profiles leading attorneys who have reached a recognizable degree of success and leadership in their field. The directory is valued for promoting awareness of the accomplishments within the North American legal community.